Before calling the IRS, grab your favorite beverage, use the restroom (please wash your hands) and take a DEEEEEP breath...
1. Gather the information you need
- Social Security numbers and birth dates
- Previous tax returns
- Know your Filing Status (Single, Head of Household, Married Filing Joine/Separate)
- Any letters or notices sent to you
2. Monday through Friday, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Call 1-800-829-1040
3. The automated system will answer, choose your language
4. Next, choose option 2 for "Personal Income Tax" instead of option 1 for refund info.
5. Next, press 1 for "Form, Tax History, or Payment".
6. Next, press 3 "For All Other Questions"
6. Next, press 2 "For All Other Questions"
7. DO NOT enter SSN or EIN, it will ask twice, you will be prompted with another menu
8. Next, press 2 for "Personal or Individual Tax Questions"
9. Next, press 4 for "All Other Inquiries," the system should transfer you to an agent.
10. If you get disconnected, this is normal, get another drink, remember they are humans too, and start the party over.
We can call on your behalf with an up-to-date completed and signed power of attorney.
This process can take 2-3 weeks and is billable separate from any engagements at $150 per hour.
215 North Pomona Avenue Ste 6, Fullerton, California 92832, United States
Copyright © 2020 Tandy Consulting Inc - All Rights Reserved.
Intuit and QuickBooks are registered trademarks of Intuit Inc.
Fullerton Tax and Accounting Service